This year has brought more changes to ours lives than ever before. I feel blessed to be a wife, mother, and am embracing my new role as a blogger. I wanted to highlight my favorite photos and memories from this year, and narrowing them all down proved a challenge! Without further ado, here are Bainbridge Boheme’s top moments of 2016!
- Starting Bainbridge Boheme! It had to be number one because it all started here! Bainbridge Boheme stemmed from my love of celebrating life’s little pleasures. At the time, my love for journaling and photographing our everyday lives was growing, and this blog was born. When I launched, I really thought that my mother and mother-in-law would be the only readers. I’m so glad I was proven wrong. I have opened up about some really personal things here, and have had lots of just for fun posts too. I am grateful for each and every one of you for following along in this journey. It has blossomed into a true passion, and I can’t wait to see where it takes me in the New Year.
- Celebrating Julian’s first birthday. Of course, I knew his big day was coming, but it came faster than I could have ever imagined and it was more special than I can describe. Love you beyond measure baby Jules.
- Adopting our sweet rescue dog, Jet Pup when he was just 8 weeks old from the Kitsap Humane Society. Jeff and I are both such advocates for animal adoption, and Jet has been the perfect addition to our family. I love it when Jet Pup walks into Julain’s nursery with me to get him from naps. They are best buds!
- Finishing our home remodel (mostly)! I don’t talk about it much on the blog, but years ago we began an enormous project to remodel our home, which was once just a little Bainbridge Island barn. Like anyone who has been through a remodel will tell you, it takes all of your blood, sweat, tears and money. It has been a trying process, but one that I am so glad we took on. More than anything, I’m so glad it’s mostly done, and I’m so grateful we were able to spend our first Christmas in our new home.
- Our family trip to Hawaii! I feel so fortunate that we have family in Hawaii and are able to travel there for a sunny reprieve! Hawaii has so many special memories for us. Jeff and I took a trip there after we just barely starting dating (I know, I know!) and it was where we would later become engaged. This continues to be my most viewed post ever. Can’t imagine why 😉 You guys like swim suits I guess.
I would absolutely love to hear your top moments of the year! Let me know in the comments! And Happy New Year to all!