Thanksgiving prep is fully underway over at our house! We are hosting again this year, so I have been planning as much as possible to make the day go smoothly. And that includes what I’ll be wearing! When you spend the majority of the day in the kitchen, you want to have your outfit already planned out. That way you can just slip into in right before your guests arrive. Between dealing with the inevitable kitchen mishaps, setting the table, and chasing babies, I don’t have the mental fortitude to pull together an outfit on the day of!
Here are some fun pieces I was eyeing while online shopping for our outfits. I love the rich hues that fall calls for. And comfort is huge on Thanksgiving when overeating is a mandatory practices. I’m hoping to put together a post about what dishes I’ll be baking as well, so keep your eyes peeled for that.
Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday, and I can’t wait to celebrate with friends and family. Here’s to a stylish holiday filled with gratitude!
Had to pop into the blog to wish you all a safe and Happy Halloween! This year I waited until approximately 2 days before Halloween to purchase our costumes: mom fail! This was the only one left that fit Inez! It’s funny because last year I went all out and had everything coordinated weeks in advance. It’s a whole new world with two!
Excuse the slightly blurry iPhone pics! Taking a selfie with a toddler and a baby is no joke. Mostly because of that crazy toddler.
I also picked Julian up an Elmo costume, because he is obsessed with Elmo and I just had to! He wore his costume to trick-or-treat at the library last week and I about died from the cuteness.
But, to tell you the truth, I really wanted to dress Julian up as Richard Simmons! If I wasn’t in such a sleep deprived brain fog, maybe I could have pulled it together. I mean those curls would have been perfect under a sweatband! Amiright?
I’ve been having a lot of fun with fashion lately! I was not one for maternity fashion, and I must say, I am so happy to no longer be pregnant. I find it a heck of a lot easier to dress myself when not accommodating a watermelon belly.
This bell sleeved trend is such a fun spin on a classic shirt! This sweater is only $40 and is the softest fabric. Those sleeves don’t do well in the kitchen when you’re hovering over food, but they are a fun look for date night! Speaking of date night, I’m thinking Jeff and I need to schedule some more. These days I’m just getting dressed up to run errands and head to the grocery store. Hope everyone has a great upcoming weekend! Can hardly believe it’s almost Halloween!
Lately I have been living in robes and pajamas. But then every once in awhile, when the babies all nap like angels, I take the time to get dressed up! I have been sporting this sweater more than I’d like to admit. It’s just so comfy and I love knits for fall. But the dusty pink color is what really got me!
These jeans are magic and are called insta-sculpt for a reason. They feel like denim spanx, in the best way possible. My booties are now 20% off and they are one of my favorite purchases from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
We had plans of going to the Pumpkin Patch today, but the rain is making me want to just stay in and hunker down. We have a metal roof on our home and it sounds heavenly when it rains here. Makes me want to stay in even more! Perhaps a hearty chili is in order tonight. Enjoy that crisp autumn air loves! Happy Thursday!
Here are a few products and practices I use to look and feel my best in these hectic postpartum days! Mornings especially are chaotic, so I like to wake up and feel like I’m already somewhat put together. It’s nice to feel your best, even if you haven’t brushed your hair just yet.
Invest in your hair. About a year ago I had a gift card to Nordstrom, so I splurged on Oribe Gold Lust Shampoo and Conditioner that my stylist had been recommending to me for years. Holy cow, I wish I would have done this sooner. My hair is stronger, longer and shinier than ever before. But best of all, a little goes a long way so this investment will last you. And I once read that JoJo from The Bachelor uses it too, hey girl!2. Blow it out. Take a few extra minutes to blow dry your hair. I know, I know! That sounds time intensive! I’m talking just 5 minutes to blow dry your hair after a shower. This ionizing hair dryer is amazing and can dry my long hair in just a matter of minutes. Trust me, it’ll save you time in the long run. If I take just a few extra minutes to comb through and blow dry my hair, it can last me for days. I won’t tell you how many days exactly, but it’s a lot. Probably too many.
3. Dry shampoo saves the day. Extend your blow out with dry shampoo that gives you a lift. I swear by this Oribe Textruizing Dry Shampoo. Not only does it absorb oil, but it gives your root a boost. It has been my go-to for years and I use it nearly every day.
4. Overnight success. To save time in the mornings, I do a few things at night that will leave my hair soft and ready to go when I wake up. A spritz of dry shampoo, a little split-end treatment, toss my hair up in a bun and hit the sack.
5. Lashes. Getting lash extensions is a fun way to treat yourself and give your look a boost. It is so nice to wake up in the morning and feel like you’re already put together. Even while you’re still in your robe! I go to Blush by Brenna for my volume lashes, and I love that she makes your natural lash health a priority. Lashes are an investment and require monthly maintenance, but I love how they brighten up my face. Especially because I’m so tired (and tired looking) lately.
6. Hydrate. Every morning before I down my first cup of coffee, I have a tall glass of water to kick start my day. I can’t have my coffee until I’ve had my water, so I never forget! You don’t need me to tell you that staying hydrated can help you to look and feel your best. But there, I guess I did anyway.
7. Heal your preggo skin. No one has time for makeup postpartum! Well, for me, I had so many insecurities about my postpartum skin that I didn’t like skipping makeup. My pregnancy melasma caused lots of discoloration on my face. So, I would almost always use concealer to hide my problem areas. I worked with my aesthetician to combat my melasma with very specific products. I exfoliate with Arcona’s Brightening Gommage twice a week, and then nightly I use their Brightening Drops directly on my discoloration. It is still a work in progress, but my discoloration is improving immensely, and I can’t wait for the day it’s all gone!
8. Repair your scars. Alright, this one won’t apply to most, but I wanted to include it. I scar really, really bad. So, when my surgeon told me about these silicone scar repair strips that you can place over your c-section scar, I was all about it. I use them daily, and so far, my scar looks way better than my scar from having Julian! Having keloid scars can be painful, so I’m doing what I can to promote good healing.
These a just a few things that help me to look and feel my best in these crazy postpartum days. I always love hearing what products and practices others swear by. What helps you look your best? Let me know in the comments!
Happy Fall y’all! Loving autumn is “basic” for a reason; it is one of the best seasons! Fall has always felt like more of a new start to me than New Years does. Perhaps that’s from years of schooling where it really was the start of a new year. Last year I was very ambitious and wrote an autumn to-do list. I’m hoping to even get one of those things checked off the list this year.
I love it when the weather turns and I can start cozying up in sweaters. But even more so this year because I’m still adjusting to my post-partum body. Oh hi muffin top. I’ve rounded up a few sweaters I am lusting after, and a few that are already being put to use in my wardrobe. Hope you are all enjoying the start of the new season. I’m off to bake another loaf of Pumpkin Chocolate Bread. Promise I will jot down the recipe soon so I can share it here with you guys! I haven’t forgotten, I’m just still adjusting to two under two. And sleep deprivation. And having no “me-time.” Happy Friday everyone!