When I set out to do this post, I wanted to share with you all our morning routine. It is so simple, but is one of my favorite times of day. I find that starting the morning out right makes a positive impact on my whole day. If I’m being really good, I wake up before Julian and write in my gratitude journal, even if just for 5 minutes. Then once the babe is up, things really get moving! I have worn this robe in a lot of my insta-stories and posts lately, and had quite a few questions about it! It is a Love Ophelia Serendipity robe in their lavender hue and I just love how feminine and detailed it is. It has become my morning wardrobe staple!
In regards to sharing our morning routine, like I’ve mentioned before here, I have been feeling really under the weather lately. So, I’m not about to pretend that mornings are a beloved time for me right now! Instead, I thought it would be fun to share 10 facts about me that you may not know. I love reading these little snippets on other people, so I hope you’ll enjoy mine!
- My dad accidentally introduced my (now) husband and I at a bar while watching a football game. Thanks Dude Pa!
- I was a vegetarian for 5 years after eating cow tongue in Argentina. I was a terrible vegetarian though, I gained about 15 pounds because all I ate was bread and cheese.
- My childhood best friends were twin boys from next door. Their mom taught me everything I know about baking.
- A few years ago I was a finalist to become a professional cheerleader. GO HAWKS! Insert hair flip emoji here.
- I have never hired a housekeeper, a nanny or a babysitter. Not that I’m against it. I’d just rather save that money for something more exciting, like shoes!
- I am a third generation nurse, and my mom used to always tell me I was born to be a nurse. I loved her textbooks so much as a little girl.
- Before becoming a stay at home mother to Julian, I was an Emergency Room Nurse at the Veteran’s Affairs Hospital in Seattle. I have the utmost of respect for the men and women who have served our country
- I don’t talk about politics online, ever. I also don’t have a problem with those that do, I just prefer to save certain topics for face to face conversations.
- My husband and I got married in our backyard.
- My car was stolen twice when I lived in Seattle, and broken into more times than I can remember. It ultimately lead me out of the city and back to country life!
- I had mastitis 4 times throughout my breastfeeding year with Julian. But then he weaned himself with no fuss just 2 days before his 1st birthday. You just can’t win them all, but sometimes there’s a silver lining.
Okay, that was 11 things, I couldn’t resist. Share with me some of your fun facts!
Photography by Whitney Coudray Photography. THANK YOU Whitney!