I can hardly believe I am writing these words right now; our Julian Koki is TWO! These past two years have flown by, but I also feel like I’ve known Julian my whole life. I was just rereading Julian’s birth story, and it really does feel like it was yesterday. Parenting is a trip! I went all out on Julian’s 1st birthday, (one of my most viewed posts!) but this year, we’re going to celebrate with family and keep it low key. I wanted to take a minute to share some of the things I never want to forget about our Julian at this age. Love you bubba!
- Our Jules has the biggest heart. When we read a book and one of the characters is sad, he presses his face to the page to offer some reassurance and love.
- He loves to help mama bake in the kitchen, and fix things with his dada.
- Without fail, he can always be found with two cars or two trucks; one for each hand.
- Julian is an observer. He often sits back and will assess a situation before jumping in.
- He loves to read all. day. long. It’s a lot to keep up with some days! He is starting to memorize a few of his favorite books, which has been so fun to see. His current favorites are Mighty Mighty Construction Site, I’m A Hungry Dinosaur and Run to the Rainbow.
- Jules loves to sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow.
- He has an amazing memory when it comes to counting and saying the alphabet
- Colors are not his strong suit. Everything is blue! It’s pretty funny actually.
- Julian always greets his sister first thing in the morning before saying hello to anyone else. And when she’s asleep he searches for her.
- He loves playing at Nana and Dude Pa’s and is learning to count in Japanese at his Baba and Gigi’s.
- When he says the words “big” or “heavy” his voice lowers an octave, hehe!
- Every night before bed we tell him who loves him, and he repeats it back, then says “You are so loved!” You are so loved Julian.
Thank you Nora Emily Photography for these priceless memories of our little guy!