Merry Christmas to you and yours! This year has been filled with such joy and love for our little family. It’s amazing how much can change in a year. Just take a peek back at our 2016 Christmas card! A little family of three, not yet knowing what was on the way.
Here is this year’s family Christmas card from my favorite design hub, Minted. I love how Whitney Coudray Photography captured our family and most of all, how those photos helped us to share our joy through a simple card. Our shoot at a local Christmas Tree Farm was what Christmas dreams are made of! I know the holidays can feel stressful for many of us. But sending and receiving holiday cards is one of my favorite traditions of this season. I read every card we receive and feel such warmth from them. I suppose this is my little way of sending you all a Christmas card.
Wishing you blessings and joy on this wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas to all!
Top: Nordstrom, Skirt: H&M, Boots: Hunter, Earrings: Starfish // Julian’s Sweater, Pants, Boots // Inez’s Hat, Dress, Shoes // Jet’s bow
My most favorite holiday of the year is quickly upon us! There is something about this time of year that makes me nostalgic like no other season does. When I was a girl we would make thumbprint cookies with my mom and all argue over whose turn it was to pick out the Christmas tree this year. Then we would blast the Christmas music and all decorate together. Just last year Julian began to take his first steps right in front of our Christmas tree, a memory I’ll never forget. And I managed to give Jeff the best gift ever, by wrapping up 4 hand painted ornaments, “Jeff, Heidi, Jules and Baby.” It was quite the Christmas Eve surprise for my Captain! We told both of our families the next day at Christmas dinner.
I can already feel the memories of this years holiday seeping into the season. Ones I’m sure to recall in future Decembers. Inez mesmerized at the twinkling tree lights, as she unravels a ribbon from a present. Julian exclaiming “lights on!” every time he sees our tree. Jeff asking repeatedly why the kids need matching Christmas pajamas.
This Christmas photoshoot will forever be one of the holiday memories that I can’t let go. I had originally wanted to wait until Christmas to share with you all our photos. But I just couldn’t wait any longer. We had the pleasure of shooting with Whitney Coudray Photography right here on beautiful Bainbridge Island. We shot at a local Christmas Tree Farm, and the results, as you can see, are pure Christmas joy!
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas, with memories to last a lifetime!
Huge thank you again to Whitney Coudray Photography for these unbelievable memories. Tears were shed were I received this gallery!
When I set out to do this post, I wanted to share with you all our morning routine. It is so simple, but is one of my favorite times of day. I find that starting the morning out right makes a positive impact on my whole day. If I’m being really good, I wake up before Julian and write in my gratitude journal, even if just for 5 minutes. Then once the babe is up, things really get moving! I have worn this robe in a lot of my insta-stories and posts lately, and had quite a few questions about it! It is a Love Ophelia Serendipity robe in their lavender hue and I just love how feminine and detailed it is. It has become my morning wardrobe staple!
In regards to sharing our morning routine, like I’ve mentioned before here, I have been feeling really under the weather lately. So, I’m not about to pretend that mornings are a beloved time for me right now! Instead, I thought it would be fun to share 10 facts about me that you may not know. I love reading these little snippets on other people, so I hope you’ll enjoy mine!
- My dad accidentally introduced my (now) husband and I at a bar while watching a football game. Thanks Dude Pa!
- I was a vegetarian for 5 years after eating cow tongue in Argentina. I was a terrible vegetarian though, I gained about 15 pounds because all I ate was bread and cheese.
- My childhood best friends were twin boys from next door. Their mom taught me everything I know about baking.
- A few years ago I was a finalist to become a professional cheerleader. GO HAWKS! Insert hair flip emoji here.
- I have never hired a housekeeper, a nanny or a babysitter. Not that I’m against it. I’d just rather save that money for something more exciting, like shoes!
- I am a third generation nurse, and my mom used to always tell me I was born to be a nurse. I loved her textbooks so much as a little girl.
- Before becoming a stay at home mother to Julian, I was an Emergency Room Nurse at the Veteran’s Affairs Hospital in Seattle. I have the utmost of respect for the men and women who have served our country
- I don’t talk about politics online, ever. I also don’t have a problem with those that do, I just prefer to save certain topics for face to face conversations.
- My husband and I got married in our backyard.
- My car was stolen twice when I lived in Seattle, and broken into more times than I can remember. It ultimately lead me out of the city and back to country life!
- I had mastitis 4 times throughout my breastfeeding year with Julian. But then he weaned himself with no fuss just 2 days before his 1st birthday. You just can’t win them all, but sometimes there’s a silver lining.
Okay, that was 11 things, I couldn’t resist. Share with me some of your fun facts!
Photography by Whitney Coudray Photography. THANK YOU Whitney!